Job ID: 269850
Case Manager I - Full Time, Chicago
Regular / Day
Title: Case Manager I
City, State: Chicago, IL
Location: Bonaventure House
Department: BH Mental Hlth Svcs OP 005
Additional Job Details: Full-Time, Day, 40 hours, Weekly
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
With the addition of Presence Health, AMITA Health is now the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The newly combined health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and now serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
Serves as direct services recovery staff member, providing comprehensive case management and substance abuse services for a caseload of 17-18 residents. Contributes clinical insight and provides guidance for recovery program evaluation and development.
- Assists programs and services team in evaluating applicants for residency, assessing their appropriateness for recovery home programming.
- Develops, implements, and monitors individualized service and recovery service plans.
- Provides comprehensive case management services for caseload (including referrals for medical, behavioral health, vocational, educational and other psychosocial needs)
- Maintains detailed, accurate and current client files, including all agency-required documentation, including daily individual progress and group note(s)
- Facilitates, co-facilitates, or assists in the development of HIV Support Group and recovery groups (Risk Reduction and sobriety support, peer support, and recovery education groups, etc.)
- Provides timely interventions for resident caseload’s ongoing substance-abuse related needs, particularly emergency interventions (e.g. detox and in-patient referrals, etc.)
- Works with Director of Clinical Services to schedule recovery in-services for staff/volunteers on a quarterly basis
- Monitors patient care through assessments, evaluations and/or patient records. Advocates for resources and removal of barriers.
- Bachelor's Level Degree, Bachelor's degree or meets the qualifications as a RSA (Rehabilitative Services Associate) under the DHS standards required(social work/human services-related field)
- Masters preferred
- One year of relevant experience working in community mental health or in the behavioral health field preferred.
CADC or IAODAPCA certification and/or NCRS certification, IAEC membership preferred
Ability to develop individualized recovery and service plans. Proven skills in substance abuse crisis intervention.
HIV/AIDS, MISA, and/or residential experience desired.
Sensitivity toward and the ability to work effectively with a diverse resident population (racial, ethnic, national origin, religious, gender, sexual orientation).
Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.