Job ID: 276378
Patient Care Technician
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Additional Job Information
Title: Technician-Patient Care
City, State: Elk Grove Village,IL
Location: AMITA Health ABMC
Department: Emergency Department 001
Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Evening, 36 hours,Weekly
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
Performs basic patient care activities to patients in assigned area.
- Assists with treatments ordered by physician and supervised by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living.
- Reports findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Emergency Medical Tech specializing in Basic credentialed from the Illinois Board Of Division ofEmergency Medical Services and Highway Safety obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. (For Emergency Room Only).
- Nursing student who has completed one semester ofmedical/surgical nursing.
- Practical/Vocational Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Nurse Aide credentialed from the Illinois Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.