Job ID: 275420
Certified Medical Assistant - Part Time - Hinsdale
Regular / Rotating
Additional Job Information
Title: Cert Medical Assistant-AHMG
City, State: Hinsdale,IL
Location: 950 N York Road
Department: OBGYN Hinsdale at York Prac
Additional Job Details: Part-Time,Rotating, 25 hours,Weekly
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
Assists with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
General schedule will be: Saturday a month, M 8 to 1pm, Tues 1 - 7pm, Thursday and Friday is alternating 8 to 5pm. (subject to change)
- Assists with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Certified Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Medical Assistant credentialed from the National Healthcare Association obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Registry of Medical Assistants obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- HS or Equivalent
- High school diploma or equivalent preferredGraduate of certified medical assistant program required
- One or more years of experience preferred.Prior healthcare experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.