Job ID: 280961
Therapist II - PRN/Registry(As needed), Evening IOP, Hoffman Estates
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
We Are Hiring
Therapist II - Evening IOP Programs - PRN - AMITA Health - Behavioral Health Hospital - Hoffman Estates, IL
Shift: Monday -Thursday 5:00pm -10:30pm. Alternatively, individual may be requested to also participate in day programming at the PHP/IOP level when needed.
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the grater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to:
Provide behavioral health counseling services and serve as a therapist in our Adult Evening IOP programming.
• Conducts patient assessments and establishes therapy treatment goals.
• Administers individual and group therapy. Maintains thorough and confidential records of observations.
• Evaluates progress and effectiveness of therapy interventions. Manage milieu setting.
• Provides patient with information regarding resources and therapeutic activities in the community.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certification specializing in Crisis Prevention credentialed from the Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Counselor specializing in Addiction credentialed from the Illinois Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Professional Certification Association (IADAPCA).
- Master's Level Degree, Master’s degree in a behavioral science or equivalent required
- Three years of experience in behavioral healthcare preferred.
- Comorbid understanding with medical, trauma, addictions desired.
- Must have solid communication skills, and enjoy working with a multidisciplinary team.
- Competence with computerized programs necessary.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.