Job ID: 245348
Nuclear Medicine Technologist
La Grange, Illinois
Regular / Rotating
Additional Job Information
Title: Technologist-Nuclear Medicine
City, State: La Grange,IL
Department: Nuclear Medicine 001
Additional Job Details: Part-Time,Rotating, 20 hours,Weekly
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by Adventist Midwest Health, part of the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL., and Alexian Brothers Health System, a subsidiary of St. Louis-based Ascension. Headquartered in Arlington Heights, IL, AMITA Health is the third largest health system in the state with more than 12,000 associates committed to delivering the most efficient, highest quality, faith-based care at nine acute and specialty care hospitals and at more than 80 ambulatory/clinic locations. AMITA Health has an extensive provider network of more than 3,000 hospital-affiliated physicians and the AMITA Health Medical Group consists of over 500 multi-specialty employed physicians and associate practitioners, ranking it among the largest regional medical groups. AMITA Health’s mission is to extend the healing ministry of Jesus by respecting the faith traditions of the many individuals and families we have been called to serve across suburban Chicago.
Performs nuclear medicine therapeutic and diagnostic procedures providing quality images to radiologists and physicians for interpretation.
- Maintains and operates cameras that detect and map radioactive drugs in a patient's body to create diagnostic images.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical factors accurately.
- Orders, prepares, administers, and disposes of radiopharmaceuticals according to established protocols.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiology Technician credentialed from the Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Nuclear Medical Tech credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Nuclear Medical Tech credentialed from the Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Nuclear Medical Tech credentialed from the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Graduate of a Nuclear Medicine Program required
- Experience preferred
- Nuclear Medicine NMTCB or ARRT (N) credentials, IEMA registration and CPR certification
- Duties include opening and closing the department including QA and calibration functions of hot lab
- Flexible schedule, day shift hours will be rotating between multiple sites.
- On-call requirement for multiple sites
- Holiday call coverage obligation
How To Apply
If you have any questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact Candidate Care at 855-778-6037 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CST, M-F.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.