Job ID: 270658
Transporter, PT - Hoffman Estates
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Regular / Rotating
City, State: Hoffman Estates,IL
Location: AMITA Health SAMC
Department: Patient Transportation 001
Additional Job Details: Part-Time,Rotating, 20 hours,Weekly
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
With the addition of Presence Health, AMITA Health is now the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The newly combined health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and now serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
Transports patients, specimens and equipment throughout the facility.
- Transports patients via wheelchair, stretcher or bed to designated sites as requested, including patients with oxygen tanks, intravenous pumps, drips, monitors and other equipment.
- Assists patients with entering and exiting vehicles, including transfer from or to wheelchairs or stretchers.
- Delivers equipment and specimens to requesting staff or department. May assist staff with removal of deceased bodies from units and transport to morgue.
- Greets and provides information and direction to patients and visitors.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- HS or Equivalent
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 6 months of experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
Friendly, helpful disposition.
Healthcare experience a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.