Job ID: 292942
Hospice Liaison Nurse, - Full Time - Alexian Brothers Medical Center
Hanover Park, Illinois
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Liaison Nurse - Hospice Therapeutic Svcs 001 - Full-Time,Day - HH and Hospice HanoverPark - Hanover Park,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the grater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
The registered nurse liaison plans, organizes and directs hospice care with emphasis on community health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their assigned facility, community, and territory.
- Assesses, plans and coordinates referrals, utilizing knowledge of criteria for reimbursement and qualifying criteria for facility admissions.
- Facilitiates smooth transition into or out of appropriate facility. Coordinates new referrals. Understands services/programs and regulatory/accreditation requirements to support transition of care.
- Participates in obtaining appropriate insurance authorizaiton for service, including insurance requiring pre-admission clearance and/or case management.
- Educates professional staff members, physicians and staff related to facility requirements, program requirements and range of services available.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Three years of experience in health care marketing management required, preferably in hospice care operations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.