Job ID: 293752
Phlebotomist - GlenOaks
Glendale Heights, Illinois
We Are Hiring
Phlebotomist I - General Lab Anc 001 - Part-Time, Evenings (every weekend) - Glendale Heights,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the grater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity toCollects and processes blood specimens for testing.
- Draws and collects blood samples. Verifies records.
- Labels, processes and delivers specimens for testing.
- Maintains supplies and equipment.
- May assist with coordinating and conducting blood drives, including interviewing and screening donors.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certification specializing in Phlebotomy credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC).
- HS or Equivalent
- High school diploma or equivalent required Successful completion of a phlebotomy course preferred
- Previous phlebotomy experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.