Job ID: 302521
Patient Safety Specialist
La Grange, Illinois
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Specialist-Patient Safety - Total Quality Management 001 - Full-Time,Day - ALMH - La Grange,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity toProvides coordination, tracking and analysis for patient safety projects and related incidents.
- Coordinates, tracks, monitors and reports on patient safety projects.
- Coordinates the investigation of patient care events with department leaders and reports on results.
- Analyzes patient care information from multiple data sources and reports on results.
- Coordinates investigation and analysis of critical incidents and near misses. Facilitates critical incidents. Tracks, monitors and reports follow-through on recommendations.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Board of Nursing.
- Certification in Patient Safety
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- Master's of Science in Nursing preferred
- 3 years of experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.