Job ID: 302524
La Grange, Illinois
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Infection Preventionist - Total Quality Management 001 - Part-Time,Day - ALMH - La Grange,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity toPlans, implements, and evaluates infection prevention and control measures.
- Monitors and investigates known or suspected sources of infections in order to determine the source and ensure control.
- Reviews, analyzes, and implements regulations, standards, and/or guidelines of applicable governmental agencies and professional organizations.
- Collaborates in the development and delivery of educational programs and/or tools that relate to infection prevention, control, and epidemiology.
- Reports infection surveillance, prevention and control in formation to local, state and federal public health authorities in accordance with law and regulation.
- Participates in the development of special studies designed to identify unusual epidemic situations or to evaluate the impact of new products, equipment or delivery of patient care. Reports results to Infection Control Committee and other appropriate departments and/or committees.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Certification specializing in Infection Control credentialed from the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (CBIC). Required within three years of employment in role.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Board of Nursing.
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, epidemiology, microbiology, medical technology, public health, or other healthcare science strongly preferred Master’s in public health, nursing or related healthcare science field preferred
- One year of experience in the field of employee health, public health, and/or education preferred.
- Two years of infection prevention experience strongly preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.