Job ID: 306520
Director, Major/Planned Gifts
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Dir-Foundation Development - Administration 001 - Full-Time,Day - Navistar - Hinsdale,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity toDirects the development and implementation of policies, procedures and strategies for fundraising activities.
- Collaborates with executive management on identification of fundraising goals. Develops and implements plans for capital and major fundraising initiatives.
- Prepares communications including the design, writing and printing of brochures, newsletters, donor communications and annual reports.
- Implements marketing strategies that will create a climate conducive to major giving and increase the number of major planned gifts and estate commitments.
- Prepares or assists with budgets and ensures compliance with allocated funding. Coordinate and directs internal/external audit.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- 5 years of experience required. 10 years of experience preferred. 2 years of leadership or management experience required. 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
- At least 3 years development experience in a large and complex setting, preferably in a faith-based community health care system.
- Demonstrated experience developing nurturing relationships culminating in documented planned gifts.
- Strong knowledge of planned and blended gift options, planned giving program infrastructure and planned giving software.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, engage and lead teams to achieve results.
- Experience in identifying, cultivating soliciting, closing and stewarding major gift donors.
- Proven experience in engaging high-level volunteers in fundraising process.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative problem solver with attention to detail.
- High level of proficiency with fundraising database, preferably with Raiser’s Edge.
- Ability to prioritize, independently structure and organize one’s own work, coordinate projects with others, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proactive, positive, team player with willingness to grow in an entrepreneurial environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.