Job ID: 306527
Government Grant Writer
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Grant Writer - Administration 001 - Full-Time,Day - Navistar - Lisle,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity toCoordinates and implements activities to identify, apply for and manage public/private sector grant opportunities.
- Identifies grant fundable priority projects, facilitates involvement of key personnel, gathers information and assists with project development.
- Prepares grant applications. Writes letters of inquiry and prepares preliminary and final proposals. Gathers all supporting documents required for grant submission.
- Designs, implements and manages a system to track and report on the status of all requested and received grants and related information.
- Supports gift programs with fiscal advice, including resource allocation, financial analysis and stewardship.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- 3 years of experience preferred; writing experience, including at least 1 year in health care grant writing.
- 3 years of government grant writing and administration experience strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize, independently structure and organize one’s own work, coordinate projects with others, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proactive, positive, team player with willingness to grow in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to represent AMITA Health and articulate its mission to a variety of constituencies with poise and diplomacy.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.