Job ID: 325951
Mammography Tech, As Needed - Glendale Heights
Glendale Heights, Illinois
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Technologist-Mammographer - Mammography 001 - PRN,Day - AGH - Glendale Heights,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity toProvides mammography imaging services.
- Operates equipment and performs various mammography related procedures. Prepares and positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Explains procedures and educates patients about the role of regular mammography in preventive breast health.
- Develops and evaluates the film for technical quality such as density contrast, definition, and distortion.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Mammography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Any specialty accepted for Radiologic Technologist issued by ARRT. Radiology Tech licensure issued by the IL Emergency Mgmt Agency required in combination with Radiologic Tech registration through American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Any specialty accepted for Radiologic Technologist issued by ARRT. Radiology Tech licensure issued by the IL Emergency Mgmt Agency required in combination with Radiologic Tech registration through American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- ARRT-R, M certified, one year or more experience preferred in x-ray and mammography, IEMA, and CPR certified
- Candidate must be willing to work in both mammography and x-ray modalities
- As Needed
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.