Job ID: 341626
Chaplain - Hoffman Estates
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Chaplain - Mission Integration 001 - Full-Time,Day - AMITA Health SAMC - Hoffman Estates,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity toProvides religious and spiritual care and counsel for emotional and spiritual distress to patients, their families, associates and others with attention to diverse spiritual orientations and cultures.
- Provides pastoral care to the local ministry and community through performing sacraments, rituals, blessings and liturgies.
- Participates and collaborates with others in the delivery of holistic patient care.
- Builds and maintains relationships with patients, families and associates through regular visitations and communication in order to create spiritual and religious connections.
- Mentors Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) students and fellows.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Board Certification from the APC, NACC, CASC, or the NAJC at time of hire or obtained within 2 years of hire or risk of termination if not obtained within two years
- For those not board certified at time of hire or job transfer, ecclesiastical endorsement is required.
- Masters Degree in Divinity, Theology, or a related field from an accredited school is required
- 4 units of Clinical Pastoral Education accredited by the ACPE is required
- 3-5 years of healthcare experience as a chaplain is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.