Job ID: 345791
Speech Language Pathologist | PRN Weekends | Medical Surgical Rehab (Elk Grove Village, IL)
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Speech Language Pathologist
PRN - Registry (Weekends)
Medical Surgical Unit
AMITA Health: Alexian Brothers Medical Center (Elk Grove Village, IL)
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity toEvaluates and treats patients requiring speech-language therapy.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the condition of the patient.
- Educates and counsels patient and family regarding treatment plans.
- Maintains clinical records and follows performance improvement recommendations.
- Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from speech therapy services. Provides information regarding appropriate support programs.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Require Current Illinois license as Speech-language Pathologist or Temporary license as Speech-Language Pathologist if in Clinical Fellowship Year. Recommend Current Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- Previous inpatient rehab and/or med surge experience strongly preferred.
- PRN Requirements: Two weekend days per month required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.