Job ID: 360425
Patient Services Advocate
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Patient Navigator - Acute Rehab Unit 001 - Full-Time,Day - Presence St Joseph Elgin - Elgin,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity toCoordinates access to health-related services by assisting clients with utilizing available resources.
- Identifies potential clients, completes initial needs assessment, and maintains follow-up to ensure appropriate guidance to health services.
- Provides informal counseling, education, and social support to clients. Assists clients with utilizing available resources, including scheduling medical appointments, accompanying clients to appointments, and assisting with completion of medical program applications.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with external (referral sources and community agencies) and internal contacts (departmental team members).
- Maintains accurate client records by documenting all contacts, services provided, and outcomes in order to track all clients and services for future reference.
What You Will NeedEducation:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.