Job ID: 365668
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant | Full-Time | Inpatient Rehab | Alexian Brothers Rehabilitation Hospital (Elk Grove Village, IL)
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant | Full Time
AMITA Health: Alexian Brothers Rehabilitation Hospital (Elk Grove Village, IL)
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity toConducts medically prescribed occupational therapy under the supervision of an occupational therapist.
- Implements an established treatment plan using appropriate modalities. Documents findings of patient progress. Seeks consultation as necessary.
- Monitors patient's response to treatment plan. Communicates patient progress and possible goal revisions to occupational therapist.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Provides discharge planning assistance and information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and community support programs.
- May oversee the care provided by therapy 3-Technicians according to established regulations and practice standards.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Current Illinois License to practice as an Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1-2 years of Inpatient Rehab experience strongly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.