Job ID: 381507
Pharmacy Manager(Regional Clincal), FT
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Mgr-Pharmacy - Pharmacy Services General 001 - Full-Time,Day - AMITA Health ABMC - Elk Grove Village,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Responsible for the management of clinical pharmacy services within the dedicated region of AMITA Health, including coordination, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of clinical pharmacy services and initiatives.
- Develops and implements performance improvement activities to include medication safety, medication use evaluation and pharmacoeconomics.
- Conducts competency assessments and coordinates the training and development of pharmacists, pharmacy residents and pharmacy students.
- Develops and manages departmental budget to promote pharmacoeconomics.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and Board of Pharmacy rules and regulations. Also serves on various committees.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Pharmacist obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy required Master's degree preferred
- Three years of experience required. One year of leadership or management experience required.
- Three years’ of experience in clinical pharmacy leadership roles such as Clinical Director, Clinical Manager/Coordinator, etc. or equivalent experience in developing formularies, drug utilization analyses, medication safety program management, policy/protocol development and oversight of clinical pharmacists; OR PGY-2 Pharmacy Practice Residency in Pharmacy Administration/Management with one additional year experience in a clinical pharmacy leadership role (as described above) preferred
- Five year of experience as a Licensed Pharmacist within a Hospital or Health System preferred
- Board Certification in a specialty area governed by the Board of Pharmacy Specialties (e.g. BCPS, BCACP, BCCCP, etc.) preferred
- Experience as a pharmacy residency preceptor preferred; experience with oversight and/or establishment of pharmacy residency programs (PGY1 and /or PGY2) preferred
- Pharmacy management experience at multi-hospital level preferred
- Applicable medication or patient safety certifications preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.