Job ID: 389546
Interventional Radiology Tech, Part-time, Hinsdale/La Grange
La Grange, Illinois
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Technologist-Interventional - Special Procedures Imaging - Part-Time,Day -
Adventist LaGrange Hospital - La Grange,IL
Part time days, with varied schedule. Works at both Hinsdale and La Grange campus and has on-call and holiday responsibility.
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to assist with procedures and provides diagnostic aid by conducting organ or body scans on patients.
- Prepares and positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity.
- Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Able to perform all specialized imaging procedures such as angio, complex vascular and nonvascular interventional and therapeutic procedures, along with assisting the Radiologist/PA.
- Ensures all activities comply with regulatory agency standards.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Any specialty accepted for Radiologic Technologist issued by ARRT. Radiology Tech licensure issued by the IL Emergency Mgmt Agency required in combination with Radiologic Tech registration through American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI).
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- IR Experience preferred
- Day shift, varable schedule, call, and holiday
- Position rotates through Hinsdale and La Grange
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.