Job ID: 389560
Exercise Physiologist, As Needed - Hinsdale
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Exercise Physiologist - Cardiac Rehabilitation Anc - PRN,Day
Adventist Hinsdale Hospital - Hinsdale,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to implement and supervises physical exercise programs for patients.
- Provides patient testing and assessment before and after rehabilitation.
- Plans and teaches exercise therapy for patients utilizing test data, patient status and current medication regimen.
- Monitors patient's response and revises plan accordingly.
- Recognizes contraindications and abnormal patient responses to exercise.
- Responds appropriately to all situations including exercise cessation and referral to medical professionals.
- Provides exercise information for patients, peers and the community which may include public speaking and education classes.
- Ensures department equipment is properly maintained, calibrated and functioning correctly.
- Prepares develops and maintains various files, records, reports; schedules patient appointments as required.
- Provides oversight to department activities in the absence of the manager.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
• Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Work Experience:
• Two or more years of experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.