Job ID: 398834
Patient Safety Specialist - Full Time, Elk Grove
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Patient Safety Specialist - Quality and Patient Safety - Full-Time, Days - AMITA Health - Elk Grove Village, IL
Shift: Monday-Friday, 40 hours a week but must be flexible and willing to work additional hours as needed
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to provide coordination, tracking and analysis for patient safety projects and related incidents.
- Monitors event reporting system to identify potential safety events
- Investigates safety events in partnership with department leaders
- Analyzes safety events to identify patterns and trends
- Facilitates investigation of serious events
- Partners with associates and leaders to promote a culture of safety and use of high reliability techniques
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Board of Nursing.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Bachelors highly preferred
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have patient safety and high reliability experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Demonstrated experience with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Certified Professional in Patient Safety a plus
- RN with at least 3 years experience, preferably in acute care
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.