Job ID: 401379
Massage Therapist - Hospice Therapeutic Services - PRN - Days - St.Thomas Hospice - Travel Required
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to administer therapeutic massage and bodywork modalities.
- Interviews patient to determine medical history, condition, desired results and appropriate modality.
- Applies selected modality, concentrating on areas of particular discomfort. Monitors patient's responses to treatment and adjusts, changes or terminates treatment based on feedback.
- Documents patient information, interview responses, treatments, feedbacks and results.
- Maintains therapy area in a clean, safe, and organized state. Orders supplies as necessary.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Massage Therapist credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- Massage Therapist work experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.