Job ID: 401123
Patient Accounts Representative - Foglia Residential Treatment Center - Part-Time, Days.
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Rep-Patient Accounts - Behavioral Health Hospital - Part-Time, Day (8:00am - 5:30pm, Every Other Weekend / Rotating) - Foglia Family Foundation - Elk Grove Village,IL
Why Join AMITA Health?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to be the initial contact for the public. Receive payments and allowances and performs data entry of payments, allowances and account adjustments in an accurate and timely manner. Handle inquiries, completes correspondence, accepts private payments and posts cash on a daily basis.
- Reviews and processes insurance explanation of benefits statements for accuracy.
- Refers debit/credit balances to collectors and refers credit balances for resolution.
- Reviews accounts on which credit balances exist and determines reason for the credit balance.
- Appropriately adjusts the contractual allowance if in error, completes a transfer if a payment was applied to an incorrect account or requests a refund if an overpayment exists.
- Reports recurring insurance payment discrepancies and works with team to resolve.
- Identifies accounts on which contractual adjustments are incorrect by working the daily credit balance report.
- Reconciles bank deposits to payments entered into the financial system in a timely manner to ensure accurate account data.
- Reviews accounts and responds in a timely manner.
- Responds to third party inquiries and works to resolve circumstances that create unwarranted debit/credit balances.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma or GED required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.