Job ID: 420975
Specialist-Patient Safety- Full time, Day
Des Plaines, Illinois
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Specialist-Patient Safety - Business Devp 001 - Full-Time,Day - Presence Holy Family Med Ctr - Des Plaines,IL.
Work Hours: Monday thru Friday 7:30am to 4:00pm or 8:00am to 4:30pm.
Additional preferred qualifications:
The perfect candidate would have an outgoing personality, ability to multitask, works well under pressure and deadlines and comfortable interviewing staff and asking questions for Process Improvement. They will be the “Face “ of patient safety and Quality
Certified Professional in Patient SafetyTM credential (CPPS) is earned by professionals who have demonstrated a high level of proficiency in the core standards of patient safety.
- Patient Safety Risks and Solutions
- Measuring and Improving Performance
- Systems Thinking and Design / Human Factors
- Commitment to HRO, creating a High Reliability Culture
- Proficient Data analytical skills/excel – clinical knowledge for conducting chart reviews and abstraction
- Comfortable speaking and conducting educational sessions – monthly education required
- Supports a fully functional Culture of Safety
- Helps develop robust Process Improvement projects
- Monitors progress on actin plans and conducts audits
- TJC/CMS knowledge in the standards
Why Join AMITA Health?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity toProvides coordination, tracking and analysis for patient safety projects and related incidents.
- Coordinates, tracks, monitors and reports on patient safety projects.
- Coordinates the investigation of patient care events with department leaders and reports on results.
- Analyzes patient care information from multiple data sources and reports on results.
- Coordinates investigation and analysis of critical incidents and near misses. Facilitates critical incidents. Tracks, monitors and reports follow-through on recommendations.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Board of Nursing.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- 3 years of experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.