Job ID: 425293
Infection Preventionist (RN, MPH, MT or MLS)
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Infection Preventionist - Full-Time, Day - AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center La Grange
Schedule: 8:00am-4:00pm Monday-Friday with rotating after hours call
*Our Infection Preventionists come from a variety of backgrounds including nursing (RN), public health (MPH), or laboratory science (MT or MLS).
Why Join AMITA Health?
At AMITA Health Adventist Medical Center La Grange, we focus on providing expert, compassionate, faith-based care in the respective Catholic and Adventist traditions for patients. Our state-of-the-art, 196-licensed-bed facility offers the latest in emergency medical and surgical care (including da Vinci™ Robotic Assisted Surgery), medical lab and imaging services heart and vascular care, cancer care, orthopedic and neurological care, women’s services, access to top specialists and much more.
We Offer You:
- Affordable medical and dental
- Robust education and training resources
- Innovative practice groups and networks
- Professional development
- Retirement match
- PTO and paid holidays
- And so much more!
What You Will Do
As an Infection Preventionist with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to plan, implement, and evaluate infection prevention and control measures.
- Monitors and investigates known or suspected sources of infections in order to determine the source and ensure control.
- Reviews, analyzes, and implements regulations, standards, and/or guidelines of applicable governmental agencies and professional organizations.
- Collaborates in the development and delivery of educational programs and/or tools that relate to infection prevention, control, and epidemiology.
- Reports infection surveillance, prevention and control in formation to local, state and federal public health authorities in accordance with law and regulation.
- Participates in the development of special studies designed to identify unusual epidemic situations or to evaluate the impact of new products, equipment or delivery of patient care.
- Reports results to Infection Control Committee and other appropriate departments and/or committees.
What You Will Need
- Certification specializing in Infection Control credentialed from the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (CBIC). Required within three years of employment in the role.
- One or more of the following:
- Master of Public Health (MPH) degree.
- Registered Nurse (RN) credentialed from the Illinois Board of Nursing.
- Bachelor degree in Medical Laboratory Science (MLS) or Medical Technology (MT).
- One (1) year of microbiology experience preferred within a nursing, lab, or public health setting.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.