Job ID: 432841
Security Officer -Part-Time,Day
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Security Officer - Security 001 - Part-Time,Day - AMITA Health Resurrection Medical Center - Chicago,IL
Why Join AMITA Health?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to provide security services to ensure a safe environment for staff and visitors.
- Perform proactive monitoring of and timely responses to potential/actual security threats.
- Investigate, document and manage security incidents and hazards.
- Maintain knowledge/follow policies and procedures regarding alarms and emergency/disaster preparedness plans. May facilitate planned drills and simulations.
- Train and mentos staff on environment of care and emergency management processes and procedures. Provide information and assistance to staff and visitors to promote safety.
- Provide for traffic and parking enforcement within campus area and participates in foot and vehicle patrols.
- Report potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
- Operate vehicle in a safe and responsible manner to avoid accidents and traffic or parking violations.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Drivers License credentialed from the Illinois Department of Motor Vehicles (IL-DMV) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Security Guard credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. Permanent Employee Registration Card (PERC) card preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.