Job ID: 440527
RN - Registered Nurse Intensive Care Unit (ICU) - Full-Time - Nights
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Regular / Night
We Are Hiring
We are hiring a Registered Nurse to work in the Intensive Care Unit at Alexian Brother Medical Center in Elk Grove Village, IL.
Full-Time, Night Shift, 7:00PM – 7:30AM, with weekend and holiday requirements.
Why AMITA Health Alexian Brother Medical Center?
Since 1966, the experts at AMITA Health Alexian Brothers Medical Center Elk Grove Village have provided the northwest suburbs of Chicago with comprehensive, compassionate and quality health care. Each year, the 900+ doctors treat more than 18,000 hospital patients at all stages of their lives and perform thousands of inpatient and outpatient surgeries. Ranked among the 10 best Chicago area hospitals (U.S. News & World Report), AMITA Alexian Brothers has also received a five-star rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Why Join AMITA Health?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policy, procedure and protocol of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- Acute care experience preferred
- Capstone students; internal candidates; PCT's to new grad RN's
- 1 year ICU RN experience preferred.
- This role is eligible for a $10,000.00 sign-on bonus, provided you successfully complete all pre-employment requirements subject to the terms and conditions of the offer. Former associates of six months or less are not eligible.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.